2460A South Volusia Avenue
Four Townes Shopping Center
Orange City, FL 32763
Hours of Operation
Heart and Home Resale Shop is open for business Monday through Saturday from 9:00am until 6:00pm and closed Sunday.
Donations will be accepted at the Resale Shop in Orange City from 10:00am until 1:00pm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, or at the Florida United Methodist Children’s Home reception, located in Enterprise.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Resale Shop click here for more information.
Resale Shop Donations
The Florida United Methodist Children’s Home accepts a wide variety of donations. Clean, usable household items including furniture, dishes, and clothing can be used within the programs of the Florida United Methodist Children’s Home. Surplus items will be sold at the Heart and Home Resale Shop, located in Orange City. Proceeds from the resale shop go directly back to the operations of the Children’s Home. Please donate items that are in good usable and working condition. When we receive items that are broken, torn, damaged, or stained we must dispose of them, which raises our expenses and reduces the revenue available to help support the residents we serve.
Donation Items Accepted
- Furniture for home, office, or patio that is clean, quality, and resalable
- Antiques or collectibles
- New or gently used clothing and accessories for all ages
- Sporting goods
- Books or audio books
- Housewares and linens
- Hand tools
- Small power tools in working condition
- CD’s, DVD’s, and records
- Seasonal décor
- Craft and sewing items
- Toys, games, and puzzles with all pieces
- Stuffed animals only that are new and have tags attached
- Electronics in working condition
Items Not Accepted
- Paint, chemicals, cleaning products, or hazardous waste
- Infant car seats, cribs, or recalled items
- Building supplies including lumber, cabinets, or sinks
- Vehicles or their parts
- Large outside play sets
- Console or projection televisions
- Encyclopedia sets
- Weapons such as guns, bows & arrows, ammunition, and hunting knives
- Alcoholic beverages
- Carpet or carpet padding
- Computer equipment
- Musical organs
Donation Values and Taxes
Heart and Home Resale Shop staff will issue and sign a receipt with donations that are dropped off during donation hours. Donors are responsible for maintaining all tax records as well as assigning values to donated items. The IRS allows you to take deductions on clothing and household items that are in good condition. The US Internal Revenue Service requires that you value your donation when filing your return. You can download a list that will give approximate values for your donated items and you can use these ranges as a general guide to assess the value.